Join our organization
Community Relations and Development Specialist
The Community Relations and Development Specialist is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of CPN’s fundraising efforts. This includes securing major gifts, establishing a planned giving program, and planning and executing fundraising events. The Community Relations and Development Specialist works closely with the CPN Board of Directors and the organizations that the CPN supports.
This position offers a flexible schedule with an average 40 hours per week, with occasional evenings/weekends required during major events.
- Expands awareness of CPN in the community
- Builds relationships with prospective donors and supporters
- Develops and grow a major gifts program through identification, cultivations and solicitation of major donors
- Increases key partnerships within the community
- Plans and coordinates fundraising and events
- Grows a planned giving program focused on deferred gifts
- Directs all aspects of the annual giving campaign
- Coordinates all event fundraising, including but not limited to, event planning, solicitation of sponsorships and leading event committee meetings
- Works closely with the CPN Board of Directors to achieve strategic and budgetary goals
- Serves as the main point of contact and liaison between CPN and the organizations it supports
- Represents CPN publicly through speaking engagements throughout the community
- Leads monthly board meetings, providing updates on fundraising progress, new donors acquired, event planning status, community outreach efforts, and other measures of success relevant to the organization
- Manages fundraising database and donor tracking system
- Maintains professionalism as a representative of CPN in all interactions, communications, and public appearances
- Must embrace CPN’s mission
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience and demonstrate success in fundraising techniques
- Public relations skills
- Skilled at networking, building, and maintaining relationships to foster collaboration with partner organizations, potential donors, board members, volunteers, and the general public
- Self-motivated and goal-driven; organized with the ability to follow through on tasks and goals
- Displays a positive attitude, strong self-confidence, active listening skills, and a genuine concern for helping the community and connecting with people
- Experience securing major gifts and developing fundraising campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, nonprofit management, or related field is preferred, or equivalent experience in fundraising, communications, or business development
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Potential for productivity bonus.
ABOUT CHILD PROTECTION NETWORK:
Child Protection Network’s mission is to support the treatment and prevention of child abuse and neglect in central Illinois by providing financial resources to local agencies engaged in fighting child abuse and neglect. CPN is governed by a dedicated 16-member volunteer Board of Directors.
CPN primarily supports two core partners: The Court-Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) program and the Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) in McLean, Livingston, and DeWitt Counties. CPN also provides funds via grant requests to other local nonprofits whose programs and needs align with CPN’s mission of supporting the treatment and prevention of child abuse and neglect.
E-mail resume to CPN Board President Lortegaschwarz@gmail.com with subject line “CPN Community Relations and Development Specialist”.