Become a Board Member
Consider becoming a part of CPN’s Board Leadership Team. Volunteer engagement as a part of the Child Protection Network’s Board of Directors offers the opportunity to make a very real difference in the lives of children and families in our community. It also offers an excellent opportunity to utilize and broaden your personal expertise and experiences, as well as, grow your social and professional network. CPN Board Member commitment includes:
- Attending regular monthly meetings of the Child Protection Network (CPN). Meetings are approximately one hour in duration. You will also need to be accessible for personal contact in between board meetings.
- Providing leadership to board committees. Each board member is expected to serve as an active, ongoing member of at least one committee. This requires additional meetings plus individual committee task completion time. Current committees include: Executive, Finance, Ad Hoc, Development and Communications, Public Awareness/Education.
- Commiting time to develop financial resources for CPN. This includes making a personally meaningful financial gift as well as supporting other fund development activities of CPN in a manner appropriate for a board member.
- Preparing in advance for decision making and policy formation at board meetings. Take responsibility for self-education on the major issues before the board.
- Responsibly reviewing and acting upon committee recommendations bought to the board for action.
- Participation in the annual board member self-review process.
- Participation in the annual board development and strategic planning process.
- Utilizing personal and professional skills, relationships and knowledge for the advancement of CPN.
Join the Blue Crew
The Blue Crew is made up of individuals and organizations who are engaged in heightening community awareness of CPN’s mission as well as supporting and conducting CPN fund development initiatives throughout the year.
For more information and to get involved simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call CPN at 309-445-2280.
Join a Development Committee
Help organize, plan, and executed events. This involves community outreach to local organizations, recruiting donations, and generating community participation in events. It is also a great way to support a passion you may have by bringing a fundraising suggestion to CPN
Volunteer for an Event
Throughout the year, CPN hosts many great volunteer lead events. We rely on help from our community to make our activities successful. When you volunteer, we work with you to match your time commitment and area(s) of interest to make the experience rewarding for you.
Become a CASA
CASA volunteers are appointed by judges to watch over and advocate for abused and neglected children. Before being assigned responsibilities, CASA volunteers undergo a thorough background check and participate in a 40 hour training course. Ongoing continuing education and in-service participation is required after accepting a CASA volunteer position.